AXL PEAK stands for Parents, Educators, And Kids, and everyone is a member by having a child at AXL. We are actively seeking volunteer participation in supporting the school and enhancing the quality of the educational experience at AXL Academy. Your involvement is important, your time is appreciated, and you will contribute greatly to your child’s success. We are excited that your child will be a part of this school, and we look forward to getting to know you!
PEAK’s number one priority is coordinating volunteers and school events.. However, fundraising is also necessary. We work closely with ALL the parents/guardians, the teachers and school staff.
Key goals for PEAK include, but are not limited to;
- To promote the education and well-being of all scholars; at home, in school and in the community.
- To provide a forum for discussion and foster communication between parents/guardians, administrators, educators and the community.
- To enhance the educational facilities and opportunities for the students of AXL Academy that is not otherwise provided for in the school budget.
- To promote volunteer programs and resources for AXL Academy.
- To sponsor projects and events for the benefit of AXL Academy students.
- To raise funds as required, providing for all the above objectives.
Our first PEAK meeting of the 2016-17 school year will be on Tuesday, September 13, 2016 at 6PM in the evening. We will discuss future meeting times at this meeting. Childcare WILL be provided. We will discuss ideas and suggestions for events and fundraising for this school year. Some of the current ideas are as follows;
- Multicultural Night
- Fall Festival Chili Cook-Off
- Family Reading Night
- Family Movie Night
- Cookie & Cocoa Social w/ Silent Auction
- Staff Appreciation Week
- Spring Carnival
Right now, the above list is just thoughts and ideas, but we would love to see them put into motion. This can only happen with YOUR help!
**If you plan on attending the September 13th meeting, please RSVP to Tracie Faust at firstname.lastname@example.org